Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

207 irregular cycle-knock

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 207
20.03.2023 17:14 # 1
Bayer
hello, I've had numerous problems with the engine of my vehicle before, but this time I want to solve it radically.

207, 1.6 petrol, 2007 model, 154k KM, 4-speed automatic
< br>
  • engine runs slightly wobbly in the first seconds when the ignition is turned on.
  • rpm increases and decreases by itself for the first half minute/1 minute.
  • I do not move the vehicle immediately, I keep it in park or neutral gear. I'm moving forward after I've warmed up a bit. When I take the 1st gear for the first time, the rpm may increase again, but when it starts to move, there is no problem.
  • A few seconds after the vehicle starts, the engine warning lamp comes on together with the depollution system faulty warning and this warning lamp does not go out.
  • there is a metal clicking sound from the engine from time to time. It continues at a certain frequency (like smashing coins together), but this sound can be cut off for a few seconds. I hear this sound while the vehicle is in motion and afterwards.
  • for the last few times, when it is started for the first time (when it is started after a few hours, when the engine is cold) 2 times the engine pops. knock is coming. I'd say it's medium, even though it's not a very strong jolt. The engine is shaking while this is happening.
  • probably switched to self-protection and started the fan after this knock 1 time in the last week. After the fan did not stop for minutes, I finally disconnected the battery. I haven't had this fan issue since then.
  • when it knocks, the rpm seems to drop, then when I give it a little gas, the rpm goes up and the car doesn't stall or shake too much.
  • In previous inspections and diagnostics, it was said that there might be a fault in the camshaft and the engine should be disassembled. (some people said this bed will wrap, sell it and get rid of it)
  • There is almost no problem when the vehicle is put into 1st gear and starts to move forward. without stopping, shaking, shaking etc. (at least imperceptibly). All these problems usually happen on first run.
  • water and oil leakage occurs. It was renewed because it cracked the water tank 2 times before, now it is in better condition than before. If it has decreased after a certain time, I add it. engine oil does not decrease as much as before, gaskets have been changed. but on the surrounding cables etc. there are oil residues.

< font size="3">as a result of these situations, preferably in the Anatolian side of Istanbul, but if you say you must, the best master will be there on the European side, who is the engine master who understands Peugeot engines very well and can handle this situation in the best way? Or do I have to go to the authorized service? I'm waiting for your directions, thank you.
21.03.2023 00:27 # 2
Can207
I have exactly the same problem, the obd device gave a crank sensor failure, the problem is not solved
Even though there was no fault code before, there was the same problem, today it gave this fault code for the first time, it gives the cylinder fault with it, the vehicle vti engine 1.6 your help is very valuable syg.

If we can communicate, we can share a video and solve the problem together, maybe my brother
21.03.2023 17:39 # 3
arifbsrn
hello.

I have the same problem. I went under the car today and hit the exhaust or something, the same rattle seemed to come from there. noise, possibly due to small pieces breaking off the catalyst. (I will go to an exhaust shop as soon as possible and have it checked)
22.03.2023 08:44 # 4
sonerkyl
First of all, I would recommend you to change the spark plugs and coils of the vehicle. Throttle cleaning and adaptation is required.
23.03.2023 10:57 # 5
Can207
Spark plugs and coils have been renewed, air filter and oil maintenance has been done, but the problem continues, sir, there is LPG in the vehicle, the idle irregularity is clatter at the first start in the morning.
24.03.2023 09:30 # 6
omerb
hello friends, after a long time I had time to get back in shape. I have a 207 VTI. with LPG. It is said that they are incompatible with LPG most of the time. Yes, it is not very compatible, but if you have it installed by the master, it is not a problem. I have problems such as the engine shaking at the first start in the morning and then turning on the fan. I was also called kranmili etc. because that's the fault code. In my last inspection, I saw that the fuel pressure was low. Normally it will be between 3.5-4 bar. bnm pressure When the contact was opened and closed 3-4 times, the pressure was coming to those values. Then it started to fall again. the engine was drooling because there was not enough fuel pressure. I changed the fuel pump myself. my problem is solved. There is also a valve cover on the engine. Nobody knows about it. if its gasket is torn, it will have idle idle. you need to change that too. I am adding the link.

27.03.2023 01:47 # 7
MehMetC3
Brother, is there a car LPG kit? If there is, that's the reason. The oscillation may be from the crank, or it may be from the fuel switch. But the healthy Bi 1.6 vti 4 is the most robust and quality engine that can be bought in classic automatic pejo and citroen.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”