Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

206 valve adjustment problem

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
26.06.2020 19:17 # 1
iysldg
Hello friends. My vehicle is 206 1.4 8v. Last week I left it to the master for valve adjustment because the engine was running slightly hard, it made 0.20 0.25 according to his head. Of course, it was worse, there were problems such as the engine, jerky and one click more heat. After researching, I hardly had the factory value of 0.20 0.40 done, this time the engine temperature was normal and very smooth, but it was working with a joke. Today I went back to the setting 0.20 0.35, I made it a little bit less, but it is still jerky and the engine is tight again. Is it 0.20 0.30 at the cost of being tight to this malady? Can anyone help who knows, the snappy sound is really annoying? iysldg2020-06-26 19:18:08
26.06.2020 22:42 # 2
Berkay Erdinc
Hello users, they make the valve settings very tight because they are uncomfortable with the sound and the sound decreases, but the engine gets too hot and tired. They make or make different settings for different summer for winter. If there is no excess wear, deterioration, no gap, I cannot say anything because I do not know the km and model of your vehicle, but this is the reason for the excessive noise in general. I think it is not very good in hot weather. You can use the products and reduce the sound a little. For example, power up etc. You can watch videos of the products on this youtube
26.06.2020 23:08 # 3
iysldg
[QUOTE = Berkay Erdinç] Hello users, they make the valve adjustments very tight because they are uncomfortable with the sound and the sound decreases, but the engine gets too hot and tired. They make it or have it done in different settings for the winter for different summer. You have already written what problems are experienced with this. I think it is best if there is not much wear, deterioration, space in the pawns, I cannot say anything because I do not know the km and model of your vehicle, but this is the reason for the excessive noise in general. I think that the tight valve is not very good in hot weather. There are engine additives for using these products and you can reduce the sound a little bit. For example, you can watch power up etc. There are videos of the products on youtube [/ QUOTE] The vehicle is 2006 model at 176 thousand km. When I open the hood, there is an obvious valve sound, but it makes me give up somewhere. If necessary, I will have the Pianos stoned and adjusted to the factory values.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”