Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

206 Temperature Problem

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
30.10.2022 12:24 # 1
emregokaltun07
Friends, have a good day. I'm having a problem that I haven't been able to find a solution for for a while. My vehicle is 1.4 HDi 206. The average temperature of my vehicle would not exceed 80 on average in the city. When I turned on the air conditioner, it was fixed at 75. In stop-and-go traffic or when going uphill, it would be a maximum of 95. This average gradually increased. Temperature averaged 100 degrees for the last 2-3 months. If I climb long slopes or accelerate on a flat road, the temperature rises non-stop, even exceeding 110, then I cut the gas. I can't go to the long road anyway because of this problem. My master says the situation is perfectly normal, it doesn't sound convincing at all. Has anyone had this problem, does anyone have any guesses, I would be very happy if you could help. I don't want to drive my car on edge. I use it with care, but this problem will drive me crazy.
31.10.2022 21:32 # 2
talip206
Sir, if there was a gasoline automatic transmission, I would say it's normal because the transmission oil cooler and radiator inlets increase the temperature together.
The thermostat may be opening late

You can manually control these.

The first stage of the fan motor may not be working
You can also check this visually.
The other possibility is the display and the actual temperature. they may not match each other, they need to be connected to the device and compared. The temperature switch can also cause this.
The last possibility is that the circulation pump may not be doing its job, the blades of the pump may have melted.

https://youtu.be/ENxcFSch0x8

Your video 21:30. You will see the state of the circulation per minute

01.11.2022 22:17 # 3
emregokaltun07
Thank you for your response, sir. The vehicle was recently connected to OBD, there was no malfunction. If your device is different, that's another matter. I checked that both stages of the fan are working. I wanted to try and change the temperature sensor myself recently. Radiator and thermostat are left from what you said, I will have them checked at the first opportunity. The circulation was changed 17,000 kilometers ago, but the sub-industry was stuck. Could it be faulty?
07.11.2022 13:46 # 4
ByYlmzZz
If you can, remove the thermostat and test it by putting it in hot water. Also, there is an air vent plug at the heating return, can you open it while the vehicle is running, is there any pressure in the cooling system.
08.11.2022 00:00 # 5
Berkay Erdinc

Hi, the stepper motors of the needles on the instrument panel of the 206s usually malfunction. In order to reach these motors, each of the needles must be removed. The needles are chronic because the sloppy masters don't take much care when they are put in their places. Just because of this, my vehicle never exceeds 80 or 90 in most forms and groups. @talip206 what my teacher means is not whether it gives a fault code from obd2, but if the temperature in the ecu and the temperature on the indicator show the same values, he suggested that you check it, which I think is one of the first places to look.
19.11.2022 21:04 # 6
emregokaltun07
Thanks for your interest guys. I showed it to a master in the industry a few days ago, he said the radiator was clogged. While it is not possible to touch the inside left side of the radiator, the right side is almost icy. I will replace the radiator as soon as possible. I got the price from the part, Veka brand radiator 1100 ℃, original radiator 1900 ℃. Should I buy the original without looking at three or five or is there any difference with Veka?
05.01.2023 15:08 # 7
emregokaltun07
Guys, the radiator and thermostat were changed and the problem was solved. The radiator is clogged, the thermostat is also faulty. There is no problem for now, the temperature is 80 degrees on average. Thank you to everyone who informed.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”