Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

206 Steering hardening problem

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 19:51 # 1
Pasa
Hello good forums guys,

My vehicle was 2005 model 1.4 hdi. My problem is that for the past 1 month, my steering wheel has become very stiff and when I turn it to the left or right for a long time, there was an abnormal chirping sound and now it is hard to turn with one hand. I changed the hydraulic oil at the weekend, the old oil was like mud, the master put the new oil, the new one was red, so the old oil ring was very old, but my problem did not improve again. So how much impact do you think if I replace the steering pump now? As you know, the steering is already hard in 206's. My master craftsmanship together costs 500-600 TL together, I would appreciate it if you write your opinion and suggestions worth changing.
08.05.2020 19:51 # 2
sonerkyl
now if you are going to use it for a long time, What will you do if the steering wheel does not turn at all if the hydraulic is empty in God forbid. yes our vehicles will already have a sharp relief at an obvious rate.
08.05.2020 19:51 # 3
Pasa
It has been 6 months since I bought the vehicle almost every day. The master said there was no problem, in fact, I was in favor of changing it, but I also researched it a bit, I thought it would not affect much since the 206's steering wheel was hard. Thank you for your comment I was unstable, especially if a friend who changes the steering pump writes the difference.
08.05.2020 19:51 # 4
Cyrus35
I changed it from the crowing complaint teacher, I opened the subject for free in the forum, because the change in the pump is the effect of the change in the pump. I also had a problem with the tensioner, the pulley of the import is a little small, I think we looked for a suitable belt in the whole industry, but we found it finished. Although it was imported, the steering wheel was like cotton, I think the original would be much better, I think I would recommend you to replace the pump. Believe that the number of your pump will sound very disturbing ...
08.05.2020 19:51 # 5
Pasa
Honestly, the prices you said are very reasonable. I always got the price from the master I went to in Istanbul, the original 850 tl sub-industry 400 tl said. Yesterday, I showed it to another master, he said, "If you need to change, you will not be satisfied with the supply industry. Let's see, tomorrow my driver will give the price without disassembling again. If the price is suitable, I will have the pump repaired. If it is worth the money and it works, then I'll have it, because my car that I used with pleasure has become very tiring.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”