Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

206 speedometer problem (I'm about to burn it :()())

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
14.05.2021 18:55 # 1
Memreze
Good day, friends, the speedometer of the 2000 model automatic 206 is not working now. And he has 2 months left for his examination. Sometimes it gets stuck at 0, sometimes it moves +-10 downwards, no matter how many kilometers its speed is. And vehicle mileage continues to increase normally. Unfortunately, no one looks at the indicator of this in the city I live in, they say, let's just go out and change it. Well, there is no automatic double socket indicator, let's take it in the market. I inserted the indicator, I replaced the speedometer with the speedometer to see if it was a stepper motor, the same problem continues. The plastic part holding the chronically broken gear in the stepper motor was solid in this and as far as I understood from the new (not stepper motor) electronic circuit in the step motor, I could not see a problem.
Any idea if it's because of the speed sensor?
Or what do you think he would say?
Do I have to go to the sanjiman for the sensor?
If the speedometer doesn't work, will it pass inspection ?
(This vehicle will almost make me a Peugeot master :))) )
15.05.2021 19:57 # 2
talip206
If it shows the km traveled properly when it fails, the km sensor is not defective, the indicator is defective. Or there is a problem in the line coming to the stepper motor.

But if the pointer does not increase in the distance traveled, the sensor is defective.
Any master can replace the sensor. It is located on the upper side of the gearbox and the single screw handle is in a place where it is difficult to enter the handle and the screw has boiled and is difficult to remove because it is constantly exposed to heat.

I know they don't look at the speedometer during the inspection. They can't even speed 10 km where there are channels anyway.
16.05.2021 16:32 # 3
Memreze
You are a great suitor, if we were in the same city, I would come to you for tea Smile When it is automatic, there is no indicator in the market. Let's overhaul the plumbing. I'm slowly mastering this car Big smile
16.05.2021 22:33 # 4
talip206
I learned something by fiddling around with itBig smile otherwise we don't have a mastery so Big smile
If the pointer is deviated. Remove the glass of the indicator, do not install it for a certain period of time. Play with the bar of the needle, push a little, pull a little, try it like that, if it gets better, put the glass in that way. I struggled a lot at the time.
My indicator with two bars resets the km and adjusts the screen light on the left.
The biggest problem in the ones with a single bar is the impeller failure of the stepper motor. The middle shaft of the wheel is broken.
The ones with 2 rods do not have a wheel system, they have a direct electronic stepper motor. Either the engine is malfunctioning or it is stuck due to the stick.
If the sensor is faulty, the km traveled is also missing.

The last possibility is in vehicles with abs, there is no speed sensor, it receives information from the abs. Since you wrote 2000 model, I guessed you don't have abs.
19.05.2021 20:30 # 5
Memreze
thank you, now i came from industry. it's a tragedy. I say to the master piece that the speed sensor of this will change. insistently says; There is no speed sensor in this, there is a problem in the installation. leave the car, don't delay, come and take care. how much is 300 TL. I left in the morning, I went to buy it in the evening, he didn't do it, he was full of lies, what was the problem, he was going to remove the indicator. la I took it apart, looked it was solid fln and something, I bought the car and went out I bought the speed sensor for 70 TL from the piece shop I went I got permission to use fiber from another shop. I removed the air filter hose first. I looked down and saw the sensor. I unplugged it. The socket has 3 inputs. 1i plus 1i minus 1i is the terminal that sends information to the indicator. In short, I disassembled and looked, and the plastic on which the gear attached to the end of the sensor was passed was broken. We installed a new one and it worked like a miss. 20 TL when we shoot life. in total it cost 90 TL. they attached it as an indicator, they attached it as a power line. What is the result? It is really hard to come across honest tradesmen in this industry.
19.05.2021 23:05 # 6
talip206
Goodbye. You're lucky, firstly, no one allows you to use your lift easily, secondly, you could remove the sensor.
Mine's screw was lost. We took it hard in 3 hours. They heated it with the last welding and took it out, the last resort. It also appeared in the gearbox revision that when it got hot, we slightly burned the plastic gear inside the gearbox.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to find a master. When he went to the LPG setting, the LPGci said that this car is getting air from the gasoline injector. I went to the master to handle it. Ooo, the job is too long, he says, it is very difficult to reach the injectors. I'll take it out in ten minutes if you want, and it breaks down. I've removed the injectors at least 4 or 5 times. If I had the material, I would even change the gasket change and the timing belt, but there is no material and place. But if they put another car in front of me, I can't even remove the spark plug. I memorized where and what 206 is.

If lift rental business becomes widespread as in Europe, it will actually make good money in our country.
20.05.2021 15:16 # 7
Memreze
The people in this industry teach us to cut our own umbilical cord by force. However, if they do, they will immediately give whatever they want. My suitor, I have consulted you about something privately, I would be happy if you check it out when it is available. There is another water outlet at the bottom of this radiator, they put plastic on the end and tightened it with a clamp. This is leaking from there. Surely it works, and I couldn't figure out why they canceled it. Is it the same in your car?
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”