Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

206 Overtemperature Problem

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
29.05.2021 15:19 # 1
benburhan
Hello friends. I own a 2004 Model Peugeot 206 xt 1.4 Gasoline+Lpg automatic transmission vehicle.
My car is at 110,000 kilometers and I've had it for 11 years.
Low mileage because it has not been used for a long time.
I've had a few issues with my car that haven't been resolved for a while.
I would like to ask each question in separate threads.

My first problem is overheating.
When the vehicle is running or idling in its location, when the temperature exceeds 90 degrees and the fan turns on naturally, my temperature indicator suddenly rises and I get a stop warning in the vehicle.
Five to ten seconds later, the warning goes away and the pointer returns to normal.
Many parts of the vehicle have changed and the problem remains the same.
I wonder where the problem could be
What may we be missing?
Is it possible that the fault is in the display clock?

Thank you in advance.< /div>

Replaced parts :
1-Temperature switch
2-Fan resistance
3- Fan relays (but I'm skeptical about fan relays, because they look like crap)
4-Recirculation pump
5-Radiator

29.05.2021 19:22 # 2
Tevfik
Hello, I can't answer your question, but there is a subject that I want to get information about.
29.05.2021 21:37 # 3
talip206
It usually causes this malfunction due to fan relays and fan resistance. I'd even say 90% of it does that. All changed, you have a chance. There are two green fan relays. There are two thick wires going into these relays. In the part that enters the relay, the cable makes oxide and breaks. From the outside, the cable looks solid, but inside it is rotten. Have them thoroughly checked.
30.05.2021 16:25 # 4
Berkay Erdinc
Check the lower hose of the radiator 15 20 minutes after the vehicle has started or after the stop warning. Hold the hose with your hand if it is not as hot as the upper hose, your thermostat may not be opening. Or if the thermostat is removed and thrown into 90-100 degrees water, it will be clear whether it opens.
Secondly. If the cooling system is not fully ventilated, it will give this warning again.
It may still be giving this error due to the failure of the heat sensors (switch). I don't know how many sensors are on the thermostat body of your vehicle. In newer models, 2 sensors fell on one sensor later on. The reason I tell you this is if we take the old models as an example, the duty of all 3 sensors is different, but they say that they are all temperature sensors. These sensors are blue, green, brown sensors. Check the blue in-car temperature indicator
The green transfers the engine heat to the ecu. The brown directs the fans. Finally, all of the cable socket rollers in the cooling system should be checked.
30.05.2021 17:13 # 5
benburhan
Hello there. In traffic or idling, the temperature stays constant at around 90-93.
After stopping, I know it's normal for the temperature to rise a little.
Because the cooling system is disabled, but the cooling water continues to absorb the heat of the block. First law of thermodynamics.
30.05.2021 17:14 # 6
benburhan
Thank you.
Unfortunately the cables are also intact. They have been checked.
30.05.2021 17:18 # 7
benburhan
Thank you.
I forgot to mention that the thermostat has changed.
The thermostat opens. I've checked.
I don't know how many there are.
The green color sensor on the top has changed.
I'll check how many clients there are on Monday.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”