Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

206 Oil mixed with water after antifreeze

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 19:20 # 1
Murat SIRTHAN
Selamun Aleykum Friends

I put antifreeze on the vehicle this winter. Blue 1 liter antifreeze I bought from Shell. After the antifreeze, the water turned a tahini-like color. I thought that oil was mixed with water but then it came to my mind. There was no such problem before putting antifreeze. Vehicle gasoline-LPG Peugeot 206 X-Line. 2005 Model

I have read somewhere that the antifreeze channels and all the rust inside the engine is removing the oil and dirt.

The engine does not overheat at all.
There is no traction problem in the vehicle.
Heater operation is normal
I looked at the engine oil control stick, there was no shortage of oil, it was normal.
I am going to Tekirdag from Istanbul, I am not having any problems. (Temperature etc.)

Do you think the problem is antifreeze? If rust and dirt removed by the antifreeze, how can I clean it on my own?

Help please
08.05.2020 19:20 # 2
sonerkyl
Mr. Murat, first, clean the radiator cooling system and then put antifreeze again and check if there is any lubrication again.
08.05.2020 19:20 # 3
sezar206
[QUOTE = sonerkyl] murat first clean the radiator cooling system, then put it on antifreeze again and check if there is any lubrication again. [/ QUOTE]
exactly.
08.05.2020 19:20 # 4
Murat SIRTHAN
Soner Bey

Can we do this ourselves? I guess they will remove the inlet and outlet hoses and clean them by pressing water.

Can we do it ourselves?

Thanks
08.05.2020 19:20 # 5
sonerkyl
If you can do such things, you can. Buy two radiator cleaners and the process is complete. you clean the system from oil.
08.05.2020 19:20 # 6
Murat SIRTHAN
[QUOTE = sonerkyl] If you can do such things, you can. Buy two radiator cleaners and the process is complete. you clean the system of oil .. [/ QUOTE]

I understand. Thank you so much. I bought the radiator cleaner but do you have any suggestions on how to visually remove the radiator hoses or what I need to do physically?
08.05.2020 19:20 # 7
madblueblacksea
The only oil that will mix into the engine water is engine oil. It is not necessary that you do not have to overheat the gasket, it is possible for you to use oxide in the cylinder head gasket together with the engine cooling channels for the antifreeze. Antifreeze acts as a kind of oil and rust remover. If there is rot in the gasket, it can open the rotting area and add oil to the water. If you are not sure of this, put antifreeze again and avoid unnecessary expenses. The first priority is to clean the cooling ducts and make complete due diligence.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”