Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

206 Heat-Hard Steering Wheel

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
09.06.2021 16:04 # 1
halilkbc
Hello everyone. Peugeot 206 2003 model 1.6 xt, I have a steering wheel that stiffens when the engine warms up. When the engine is cold, it turns with my little finger, but when the engine warms up, I have to turn it with both hands. There was already a gap in the steering wheel, with this excuse the steering box was also revised, the hydraulic pump was changed, the V belt tension was checked. As a result of these actions, the steering feel was much better, there was a noticeable softening and hardening (for safety) when accelerating (the pump was really broken). However, the steering problem persists when the engine warms up. The place I got it made makes a statement as "as the box has been revised, it will pass in time" I think they meant "I solved the gap but I don't want to deal with this problem" :) What's your comment? how can i fix this problem? I went to several places, but no one could find a solution.

10.06.2021 17:41 # 2
talip206
Oxidation in the fuse box can also cause this problem. Have fuses and slots checked and maintained.
13.06.2021 23:11 # 3
halilkbc
Thanks. Someone else had this problem due to electrical reasons, I will write it here when I get the result.
12.08.2021 14:37 # 4
halilkbc
Maybe he's had the problem. The problem was the valves of the steering box, friends. These valves are called "brains" in the industry. will either be revised or changed. If anyone has a problem, keep it in mind.
12.08.2021 18:32 # 5
muzzy35

Thank you brother 👍 🙏
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”