Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

206 HDi Torque Drop and Humming from Motor

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 21:20 # 1
ilyasamca
Hello to everyone,

For the last 2 weeks, there was a problem in my vehicle, it used to jump instantly when the gear touched the throttle in 1, now it is accelerating slowly even in 1st gear. Although the engine shout reaches 3000, it cannot reach enough speed. On the ramps where I can easily climb with 3 on slopes, the last gas with 2 seems barely. In addition, as the engine speed increases on a straight road, a humming noise that does not come before the engine rises. This buzzing at high speeds and high gears increases with increasing speed, a noise independent from gas, that is, when the gear is idle while the vehicle is stationary, there is no hum. It is not heard in the 1st and 2nd gears, but it increases rapidly in gears 3 and above.

What might be the cause of this malfunction? Is it costly to repair and takes a long time? I can get the knowledge of experienced friends. Good day to everyone.
08.05.2020 21:20 # 2
ilyasamca
Vehicle 2004 model 206 HDi XLine, 237000 km. It has not been 3 months yet, it has been completed completely, and it has been uneventful in July. During these 3 months, there was no extreme situation. Let me add this additional information.
08.05.2020 21:20 # 3
sonerkyl
If it does not exceed 1-3000 cycles, turbo solenoid valve is troubled
2-air meter may be problematic. There are many youtube videos with balata spray that you can do yourself.
The 3-catalyst may be clogged.
It may have jumped to 4-timing cents.
08.05.2020 21:20 # 4
ukayl
You may be missing a print, I say print is looking at the pad.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”