Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

206 gti oxygen sensor error? (Solved)

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 16:39 # 1
racer50
friends for the past week, the malfunction lamp was blinking, I found the appropriate time and went out to the industry computer, gave the oxygen sensor error. Originally - 350 TL bosh brand 140 why is this gap? I'm waiting for help from experienced friends who have happened before & nbsp; koliva 2012-03-18 20:40:54
08.05.2020 16:39 # 2
racer50
In addition, the vehicle never dropped from the traction, but fuel consumption increased
08.05.2020 16:39 # 3
koliva
I recommend you to get a price from the sponsor of our forum.

Oxygen sensor errors, which are mostly read from the computer, do not mean that the direct oxygen sensor fails. In other words, the vehicle may give the oxygen sensor error due to other problems. So if I was in your place, I wouldn't go to the replacement process without testing whether the oxygen sensor was broken or not.

Be over.
08.05.2020 16:39 # 4
voodoo
If the oxygen sensor does not work, the fuel will increase naturally. The engine is working with a rich mixture.
08.05.2020 16:39 # 5
cey cey
How can we test if the oxygen sensor is defective or not?
08.05.2020 16:39 # 6
Guests
[QUOTE = cey cey] How can we test if the oxygen sensor is defective or not? [/ QUOTE] What is the Function of the Oxygen Sensor Oxygen Sensors are mounted on the engine exhaust manifold, to measure the amount of unburned oxygen in the exhaust gases, smell the exhaust gases and show that the air-fuel mixture is very poor or rich by producing a voltage that can be read by the ECU. In this way, the air-fuel mixture is kept under constant control in every driving condition of the vehicle, thus ensuring optimum performance and fuel economy. Many vehicles have an oxygen sensor malfunction lamp. At the same time, the driver complains of excess fuel consumption. Faulty Oxygen Sensor causes fuel consumption to increase up to 30%. Reduced driving comfort and combustion losses are classic Oxygen Sensor fault symptoms, all of which can be rectified by installing an appropriate Oxygen Sensor. laws have made it compulsory to use catalytic converters in vehicles and to pass emission tests once a year. One of the primary causes of a failed engine and exhaust emission test is a malfunctioning Oxygen Sensor. For this reason, Oxygen Sensors every 30.000 km. should also be checked once. Never avoid replacing the Oxygen Sensor when you experience one of the above mentioned faults in your vehicle. (Alıntıdır)
08.05.2020 16:39 # 7
gozem
[QUOTE = koliva] I would recommend you to get a price from the sponsor of our forum.

Often the oxygen sensor errors that are read from the computer do not mean that the oxygen sensor is defective. In other words, the vehicle may give the oxygen sensor error due to other problems. So if I was in your place, I wouldn't go to the replacement process without testing whether the oxygen sensor was broken or not.

May it be over.

[/ QUOTE]

I definitely agree with the parcel. most masters connect it to the pc and disassemble it immediately whatever the fault is I have had such bad experiences before.
Replace change problem is not solved, in the end I changed the master.
In your problem, it may be in a different failure depending on the oxygen sensor. . The healthiest one is removing the sensor and checking the soundness .. of course I don't know how to do this.
08.05.2020 16:39 # 8
koliva
[QUOTE = cey cey] How can we test if the oxygen sensor is defective or not? [/ QUOTE]

They wrote friends, but I'll add something or two.

New generation vehicles have two oxygen sensors. One is immediately above the exhaust manifold, the other is immediately at the exit of the catalytic converter. In fact, only the exhaust manifold is sufficient for our vehicle to work, but vehicle manufacturers must comply with some rules and norms while producing the vehicles. One of these is the addition of one extra oxygen sensor to the output of the catalytic converter. The reason for this is to understand whether the catalytic converter is working properly and to provide the vehicle with a warning when necessary. The computer of our vehicle gives "catalytic converter fault" warning that the data coming from these two O2 sensors are the same. The fact that the data is the same means that the catalytic converter in between does not work, that is, it is filled and needs to be replaced.

As for the answer to your question:
There are some O2 sensors with ohmmeter, but some say that this operation may disrupt the O2 sensor. In my opinion, the best method is to get the O2 sensor from a vehicle that is working intact and try it.

Is there any other abnormality in your vehicle? Does your vehicle exhibit an abnormal behavior before or before this error occurs?
koliva 2012-03-17 15:25:06
08.05.2020 16:39 # 9
racer50
Thanks for the information given to friends, the problem has been solved & nbsp; and it is completely irrelevant.
08.05.2020 16:39 # 10
koliva
[QUOTE = racer50] thanks for the information given to friends, the problem is solved & nbsp; and it is completely irrelevant radiator water is running out, the engine lights up when the water is deflated, the radiator is repaired & nbsp; the sensor is removed and cleaned up cost 45ll including labor, we did not change the wasted & nbsp; [/ QUOTE ]

Parsley with O2 sensor "LOL"
I think the O2 sensor is an outdated and temporary error it was. Reviews
08.05.2020 16:39 # 11
estair
Dude, remove the sensor, clean it, I just removed it.
08.05.2020 16:39 # 12
delice48
You can see if your vehicle's values are too high and if the oxygen sensor is faulty, you should see 2 times more values.
08.05.2020 16:39 # 13
kod06
Hello my teacher. The subject is old, but it caught my attention while reading, and I have a similar problem. The heater core makes a slight reduction, it gives error code p1110 and p0420 on the obd device. One of the codes seems to be the oxygen sensor and the other as the iat sensor failure. Does the loss of the heating core cause this error to cause these errors?
08.05.2020 16:39 # 14
ismailkaya
The problem may be with the oxygen sensor. The cables entering the sensor are broken. Cable conductors rot and lose conductivity from heat. Cable wires sometimes touch sometimes do not, may repeat tomorrow the next day.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”