Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

206 Fan Problem

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 20:19 # 1
castaway
Hello friends. Regarding the fan, I throw it when my car goes over 90 °, when it is 95 °, it turns on the fan by 90 ° or a little lower. Today, I realized that when the temperature was 90 °, I stopped the car and entered the market. When I got out, I started the car and the temperature was over 90 ° and as soon as I started the car turned on the fan and immediately fell to 90 °. In other words, when the ignition is off on the vehicle, I think it stands on the fan. What are your thoughts or experiences?

NOTE: I found a very old topic in the forum but it was outdated.
08.05.2020 20:19 # 2
yigit_dark
I have the same situation. The vehicle is turning off hot at 90 degrees. When I run it after 2 minutes, it approaches 95e, so the temperature rises. Even in 15-20 minutes, the temperature does not drop even in 2 minutes, easily. I think this is a normal situation in our vehicles.
08.05.2020 20:19 # 3
tsufrankwoli
If it is normal for that temperature, it really rises, and when you turn off the ignition, the fan continues to work and cools the water of your car.
08.05.2020 20:19 # 4
talip206
It's a normal situation. The fan stops when the ignition is switched off. Engine temperature continues to rise. When it is restarted, it rises a little and decreases with the operation of the fan.
this is how it should be.
In the past, the fan would work for a certain time when the contact was turned off in falcons or something. Because the fan was on the engine side, the air hitting the radiator returned and cooled the engine a little. But in our vehicles, the fan is at the front. There is no point in running the fan when the ignition is switched off because the circulation stops.
There is no point in wasting cooling the radiator as there is no recirculation.
08.05.2020 20:19 # 5
mistercasper
I also have the fan running for 5 minutes when I switch off the ignition for some time.
08.05.2020 20:19 # 6
talip206
[QUOTE = mistercasper] I sometimes have the fan running for 5 minutes when I switch off the ignition, I think this should happen ... if it has to stop, I have a malfunction [/ QUOTE]
Is your vehicle diesel? The situation may be different in diesel. after stopping particle filter etc. the fan can start after stopping to cool the floor. talip206 2017-05-01 20:46:43
08.05.2020 20:19 # 7
mistercasper
Yes diesel ... I usually use it calmly, I do not upset the vehicle is over 90 until this time
I do not remember, but even when the temperature is 90, even when I turn it off, the fan still works
08.05.2020 20:19 # 8
talip206
[QUOTE = mistercasper] Yes diesel ... I usually use it calmly, I do not upset the vehicle is over 90 until this time
I do not remember, but even when the temperature is 90, even when I turn it off, the fan is still running [/ QUOTE]

A normal case is for diesel. The situation is different in gasoline.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”