Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

206 Does Hydraulic Oil Leak Affect the Air Conditioner?

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
02.08.2021 15:51 # 1
alstu
Good day everyone,

My car is a 2008 model 206 Sedan. There is a Steering Hydraulic Oil leak. Although I filled it 2-3 months ago, it was completely empty and started making noises while turning the steering wheel. In this process, the air conditioner began to not cool. When I went to the electrician, he said that the coil is oil coated and needs to be changed. Will this hydraulic oil leak damage the air conditioner coil? If so, do I need to have this oil leak done before the air conditioner? Thank you in advance for your answers.
06.08.2021 22:36 # 2
omerb
Hello. First of all, I was wondering why you didn't get it repaired when you knew the hydraulic oil was leaking. Maybe it was a simple glitch. He caused you bigger troubles. Coming to the problem, hydraulic oil is a very corrosive oil, it was probably spilled on the air conditioners as well. It caused the problem there. I think the priority should be the oil leak. Take it easy now.
12.08.2021 14:36 # 3
halilkbc
The hydraulic leak also covered my air conditioner compressor, but nothing happened to the compressor. The reason why yours is not working may be that the pulley is lubricated, the friction between the belt and the belt decreases and it does not rotate enough.

get your hydraulic repair done as soon as possible. otherwise the pump and steering box may fail. it may cost you 5000 liras in total.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”