Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

206 Contact Problem

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
02.06.2022 12:52 # 1
emregokaltun07
I'm new to the forum, hello to all of you. Since I can't find the problem I'm having anywhere, I want to consult you. I plug in the ignition of my car and start it, there is no problem. Sometimes the cigarette lighter and ceiling lamp do not turn on after starting. When I notice it, I move the key slightly and it gets better. If I don't notice, after a while the battery light turns on. When I move the key and fix it, the battery light also goes out. But every time I go into the pit, I still have the same problem. I don't think it has anything to do with the ignition thermal. I would be very happy if you could help. Thank you all.
03.06.2022 09:06 # 2
sonerkyl
hello and welcome aboard. you have actually found the problem, there may be a short circuit in the ignition socket. I think it would be useful to have the sockets checked. You can check it yourself. If you remove the lower steering wheel mount, you can see the sockets. According to what you said, there is a lack of contact.
04.06.2022 07:20 # 3
emregokaltun07
Thank you for your response. Do you have any information about the average cost of this in case of a possible contact failure?
I will remove the Bakelite and check it as soon as possible.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”