Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

206 automatic gear brake problem

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 16:35 # 1
condor
friends, 2005 model peugeot 206, I got automatic gear, we got automatic gear because of my wife, normally I never used an automatic gear car. In the vehicle I received, there is a slight noise near the stop when the car is pressed. only when the vehicle is close to stopping, for example, the speed is between 10 km and 0 km, why could this be the reason?
08.05.2020 16:35 # 2
djchaos
If the sound you say is ciyk, the sound coming from the pad may be close to ending the pad. Even if your pad is new, even if it is not finished, now you will hear this screeching sound in new generation vehicles and newly manufactured pads. I have informed you that asbestos ratio was around 10 12 percent in the pads. On the complaint (because it is a carcinogenic substance), the rate of asbestos in the lining of all vehicles has been reduced to 3 percent, and when we press the brake, we started to hear the squeaking sound. If the sound comes from the brake pads, there is nothing to fear, check your pads for your peace of mind. If it is not a sound related situation, write the problem (sound coming from the ground like mechanic or gearbox) and let's get past.
08.05.2020 16:35 # 3
Cmoss06
Have the brake pads and the rear drum linings checked. The front discs may have exhausted their life.
08.05.2020 16:35 # 4
condor
[QUOTE = djchaos] If this sound is called ciyk, the sound coming from the pad may be close to the pad. Even if your pad is new, even if it is not finished, now you will hear this screeching sound in new generation vehicles and newly manufactured pads. I have informed you that asbestos ratio was around 10 12 percent in the pads. On the complaint (because it is a carcinogenic substance), the rate of asbestos in the lining of all vehicles has been reduced to 3 percent, and when we press the brake, we started to hear the squeaking sound. If the sound comes from the brake pads, there is nothing to fear, check your pads for your peace of mind. If it is not related to the sound you are saying, write the problem (the sound coming from the ground like mechanics or transmission) let's get past. [/ QUOTE]

I am a little new about, I couldn't research old subjects too much, I searched a little from google, I couldn't find a cvp for my question, I said to write here for you ... As my teacher said, it is no problem when I go fast. I have never heard of this sound in other new vehicles, so there is no solution for this, you are buying a new model of 2012, for example, let's say and when braking, it is a bit disturbing. If my linings are new, is there a solution for this, hodja?
08.05.2020 16:35 # 5
Cmoss06
Yes, it is a disturbing situation, but there is nothing to do with the chronic problem. Also, even if the new disk is a new pad, the car can slow down when it is completely slowed down. Fortunately, there is no such problem.
08.05.2020 16:35 # 6
condor
[QUOTE = Cmoss06] Yes, it is uncomfortable, but there is nothing chronical to do. Also, even if the new disk is new pad, it can make time to stop when the vehicle is completely slowed down. Luckily sometimes there is no such problem. QUOTE]

thanks my teacher, let's look at a master for what he will say ...
08.05.2020 16:35 # 7
djchaos
[QUOTE = condor]
[QUOTE = Cmoss06]

Yes, it is uncomfortable, but there is nothing to do, chronic problem. Also, even if the new disc is new pad, the vehicle can stop when it slows down completely. sometimes it is not such a problem. But have the linings checked, and also the wonder of the original material. .
[/ QUOTE]

As I said, even if you put on the zero pad, even if it is the original braking system, you will hear this sound, just an annoying sound or a problem to be afraid of. Make sure there is no malfunction, but of course you have your brakes checked and have a nice control. this sound is entirely due to the reduction of asbestos in the brake pads
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”