Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

2011 Peugeot 508 Cold start interesting sound

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 508
14.05.2022 23:20 # 1
sirclaw
Hello
A sound and jerky operation started to appear in my vehicle, as in the video I uploaded in cold start for the last 1 month. After 15-20 minutes, I guess it stops when the lubrication starts or the engine starts to warm up. In addition, if the vehicle is in D position and the air conditioner is on while waiting at the traffic lights, the vehicle started to vibrate too much. Any solution or idea?

17.05.2022 10:50 # 2
sonerkyl
Hello my advice
1-replace spark plugs first.
2-What is the engine oil level and what brand of oil do you use for the vehicle

19.05.2022 21:16 # 3
sirclaw
Hello sir
Today the spark plugs were changed, the oil was checked, but the noise continues when the engine is cold.
I said that the spark plugs started to burn from the porcelain parts, this is the problem, but there was no change. Castrol magnatec is always used as oil.
19.05.2022 21:25 # 4
talip206
Your oil may be fake. Unfortunately, castrol is the most counterfeited oil on the market.
The reason for the vibration may be the engine mounts. When the air conditioner is on and in the d position, it will be more jerky because the vehicle is loaded. Engine and transmission ears absorb this.
24.05.2022 00:19 # 5
palet
Sounds like an accessory belt tensioner problem to me. It is sold as a set of 2 pieces, one on the top and one on the bottom. Don't worry that the link says hdi, it is used in all models.

04.03.2023 23:43 # 6
sirclaw
Hello, I haven't written for a long time, the engine top cover has changed, it was said that the upper left belt of the engine was broken and it was changed with the wedge just below it. The alternator was overhauled, the tensioner bearing and belt were changed. All fluid and filter changes and maintenance and all of the above repairs were done at the Peugeot service center of my Aegean Aegean Sea. Now the problems are as follows;
  • While the vehicle is in D position in the Lights, the vehicle continues to vibrate when the air conditioner, heater, etc. is turned on. Even if I press the window open button momentarily, it vibrates. Service comment is no problem.
  • While the vehicle accelerates on steep slopes, it gradually rises. It's like it's momentarily cut off. We tested the service comment and there is no problem.
  • It is true that the steering wheel of the vehicle gets harder as the speed increases, but it was very soft before when parking or slowing down, now it started to force a lot during hard par. I'm in trouble with the service comment.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”