Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

2008 model 308 automatic engine shaking and stopping

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 308 (2008-2013)
02.06.2022 13:40 # 1
ahmetdokmetas
Greetings to all, 2008 model automatic 308 I bought a car with 130 thousand km in December. There was no problem with the car, the oil cap popped off and all the oil was drained, I didn't notice. When the engine came to a standstill, I took it to a friend, put oil, cleaned the air filters and stuff. Then the car did not hold a stitch, the engine starts to shake after going up the slope or sometimes the engine shakes and stops while waiting at the red light. I have to shut down the car and start it again. These don't happen all the time, by the way, I've been looking for a while and I've been back and forth without any problems. Also, when the car is turned off, the fan continues to run for a while. then it shuts down. I took it to a master, he said gearbox, and he cost 10 thousand. one of them said that there is a coil fault but I do not have it suitable for it. Now I found another one, the man gave confidence, but he says the engine cylinder head needs to be changed, 17k expense. I didn't know what to do. It's my first car and I don't know anything about this stuff. I look forward to your comments and suggestions.
03.06.2022 03:09 # 2
Katip55
My brother, choose your master well. 17k is a lot. There is a complete engine in dapil samsun with 25 thousand workers. They said it was too expensive. The problem may be in the spark plugs. I had the same problem and it decreased when the spark plugs were changed. There is nothing on the coils. Tested. There may be a chassis where oil flows.
03.06.2022 14:50 # 3
dr.sergio
Get well soon. This engine is an engine that gives a lot of oil around the coil and spark plug. Whenever I lift the hood, I constantly see oil around the coil. If the engine oil cap has come loose, the spark plugs may be too lubricated. I would say start by checking the spark plugs first. It is completely normal for the fan to run for a while. The fan operates even after the ignition is turned off to cool the water. But if the fan kicks in on a cold engine at the first start, have the heat switch checked if you want.

08.06.2022 09:02 # 4
sonerkyl
get well soon, if the fan turns on, as our friends say, there may be lubrication in the spark plugs. First of all, it will be healthier to have the fault codes of the vehicle checked. If the engine is left without oil, there may be a problem with the eccentric lubricator solenoid valves, which is the biggest problem in the operation of the vehicle in this part.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”