Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

2005 1.4 xline oxygen sensor

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.12.2022 14:18 # 1
ErcanOzcan
In my vehicle that I bought last year, the engine fault light was on intermittently. When it first burned, I took it to the device, they connected it to the device, there was an oxygen sensor malfunction, they deleted the malfunction and said it would be okay. After giving the same failure 2-3 more times, I changed the lower oxygen sensor. Now the upper oxygen sensor malfunction light is on. When the engine is cold, there is a terrible smell of raw fuel. I want to replace the upper oxygen sensor and have the throttle body cleaned. Has anyone experienced such a situation? Waiting for your comments. By the way, the car is gasoline.
06.01.2023 07:55 # 2
Berkay Erdinc

When the oxygen sensor lamp was lit, the sensor values were measured. So I will give an example to explain better, but of course, I do not say that your fault is caused by them because there are many factors affecting this. Some of them should be given as an example. If there is another defective part in the vehicle, for example, the coil or a spark plug is working, but even if it cannot do its job, if an efficient combustion is not achieved, your oxygen sensor malfunction lamp lights up. This actually means that your oxygen sensor is working. Because if there is no efficient combustion, the emission values increase. A working lambda sensor detects this and turns on the malfunction light.
Or if the map sensor is broken, if the air taken into the engine is miscalculated or cannot be calculated, the vehicle remains rich or poor, a healthy oxygen sensor detects this error and lights the malfunction light.
In short, when the oxygen sensor malfunction lamp lights up, the oxygen sensor is not replaced immediately. The voltage values are measured, there is no problem. e the reason under it is searched

14.01.2023 10:05 # 3
ErcanOzcan
Thank you for the information. We replaced the oxygen sensor. Problem solved, no raw fuel smell. Throat throttle map sensor has been cleaned. Everything is normal now.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”