Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

15-50 engine oil

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 15:14 # 1
onur1980
friends it has been about 1 month i bought 206 xs 1.6 8v vehicle. the maintenance was the new fortune. timing spark plug filters, linings changed overall maintenance. There is only one thing I wonder. master motul 300v put 15-50 oil on the car, he said the price is higher than normal oil, but it protects it better. I use this tool for the first time, if something is wrong, let me change the oil. I researched it a little, writes that it is for performance vehicles.
08.05.2020 15:14 # 2
Guests
Well, ideal for these vehicles is 10-40. Etc. in all their guides. writes like this. I hope it will not cause any problems with too thick oil. Master is a little stingy. :S
08.05.2020 15:14 # 3
koliva
That oil that I know is used in motorcycles. I think it feels a bit thick. How many kilometers of your vehicle? Was there any oil reduction in your vehicle while using your previous oil?
08.05.2020 15:14 # 4
onur1980
My vehicle does not have 67,000 oil reduction. My master bostancı was a good master in the industry before I went, but he said that he did not lose his specialty when this oil got hot and I said okay. But if my head is confused, if I need to change, I'll change it tomorrow.
08.05.2020 15:14 # 5
onur1980
emergency ...
08.05.2020 15:14 # 6
Guests
I think it's not a right practice. If you are careful, there is an expensive oil called castrol edge sport 10-60. Engines that are constantly working under harsh conditions at high speeds are made for. like subaru impreza wrx sti. but it is not required to be used in normal vehicles. Maybe the damage can happen, I can not talk about it. As a result, our vehicles are not performance vehicles or they are hanged engines.
10-40 truck of oil to be put ...
I know motul oils. I can't say anything for this brand. but I think I could put 10-40 of the same brand again
08.05.2020 15:14 # 7
koliva
The most important reason to choose the oil number is to get into the oil reduction of the vehicle. Your vehicle is only 67 thousand and there is no reduction problem. Putting this oil in a car like that doesn't fit my mind.
Koliva 2011-04-07 11:23:50
08.05.2020 15:14 # 8
Serhun

It is not a problem to thicken the oil in the engine was unnecessary. It can be thought as follows, the oil has also changed recently, it can be used in the summer if we interpret it without technical explanation, it should be thinner in winter.

08.05.2020 15:14 # 9
Guests
I Know The Ideal Castrol Vehicle For 5-40 Da Castrol ..
My friend uses the diesel vehicle, it is very satisfied ...
Vehicle Fiat Fiorino 1.3 Multijet Diesel.
08.05.2020 15:14 # 10
mon
I think there is no problem. This oil is produced for high temperature engines. If you take a look at the classification of oils, you can find the opening of the 15w 50 oil code. If I'm not mistaken, 15w has a feature that allows operation from -40 C to 50 C.
08.05.2020 15:14 # 11
mon
I have looked at it now, yes it has up to 50 C operating feature. I think it would be nice if the city you live is hot in summer.
08.05.2020 15:14 # 12
Guests
[QUOTE = mon] I have looked at it now, yes it has up to 50 C operation feature. I think it would be nice if the city you live is hot in summer.
[/ QUOTE] I think there is no logic to put this oil on an engine that is not worn in our country. I do not agree with you. While 40 thicknesses are sufficient in the warmest place in our country, I believe that it is not right to put 15-50 oil while some authorized pug services have started to use 5-30 oil.
It is necessary to select the oil not only by light but also by engine. No problem if you use tofas. Especially this oil will get more glazed overnight and will stay more than necessary in the summer. It can also increase the movement of the vehicle ...
08.05.2020 15:14 # 13
mon
The grade in the SAE classification consists of two numbers separated by the letter W. W means winter, meaning winter, and indicates the low temperature viscosity of the oil. For example, 10W in 10W-40. This is also the base viscosity of the oil, that is, the actual viscosity before adding the polymer. Since the lower this number, the thinner the oil will be, this also shows us how fluid the fluid will be at low temperatures and how easily the engine will work. The second digit gives the high heat viscosity of the oil. Like 40 in 10W-40. The higher this figure, the more viscous when the oil is hot, that is, thick.
When you say "our country's climate", you can not see -40 C in Istanbul or 45 C but in Erzurum -40 I can see 45 C in Çukurova.
08.05.2020 15:14 # 14
Guests
[QUOTE = mon] In the SAE classification, the rating consists of two numbers separated by the letter W. W means winter, meaning winter, and indicates the low temperature viscosity of the oil. For example, 10W in 10W-40. This is also the base viscosity of the oil, that is, the actual viscosity before adding the polymer. Since the lower this number, the thinner the oil will be, this also shows us how fluid the fluid will be at low temperatures and how easily the engine will work. The second digit gives the high heat viscosity of the oil. Like 40 in 10W-40. The higher this figure, the more viscous when the oil is hot, that is, thick.
When you say "our country's climate", you can not see -40 C in Istanbul or 45 C but in Erzurum -40 I can see 45 C in Çukurova.
[/ QUOTE]
Anyway, I pay my respects ... :)
08.05.2020 15:14 # 15
onur1980
So as far as I understand, I can use this oil in summer. But if it is really harmful, let me go. The indicator on the right, which shows this oil temperature in the bidet, should stop at the level, so there is a constant temperature change.
08.05.2020 15:14 # 16
Guests
Even if you never start your car, the oil temperature is not constant so that the oil temperature should be constant in the working car. It usually hovers around 90 degrees. The fan works as you get on it. It lowers between 90-60.
08.05.2020 15:14 # 17
onur1980
the temperature indicator is over 90, the error is approaching the upper line, it falls down when I slow down.
08.05.2020 15:14 # 18
Guests
[QUOTE = onur1980] so I can use this oil as far as I understand. But if it is really harmful, let me go. The indicator on the right, which shows this oil temperature in the bidet, should stop at the level, so there is a constant temperature change. [/ QUOTE]
The friend has already given you the necessary information about the oil.
but I do not expect to have an oil temperature indicator in your vehicle. Because it happens in machines like gtı. Not your vehicle's performance machine. There is no oil level indicator that runs for 10-15 seconds after the first engine starts and then turns off? Because the indicator I have said is in the 1.8 engine, but it does not show oil temperature. but at 306 g, there is an oil heater in the crankcase, you can see the oil temperature in the indicator and the oil filter has water circulation. It is also made with oil cooling. because performance tool :)
08.05.2020 15:14 # 19
onur1980
I do not know very well, I knew that the vehicle was showing the oil temperature, I could be wrong. perhaps it may indicate pressure. the master whom I showed the car said was showing the oil temperature.
08.05.2020 15:14 # 20
koliva
[QUOTE = onur1980] I don't know very well, I knew the car was showing the oil temperature, I could be wrong. perhaps it may indicate pressure. the master whom I showed the car said was showing the oil temperature. [/ QUOTE]

Take a picture, let's see.
Page : / 4
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”