Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

1.4i 206 top cover gasket replacement

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
24.10.2022 12:52 # 1
ByYlmzZz
Hello,

while doing the standard check today, I saw that the engine water was low. When I opened the moto oil cap, the issue became clear. water is pouring oil now. There are water bubbles in the oil. before the car overheated. I have changed the top cover gasket myself before in Tofaş vehicle. Due to financial situation, I will do this myself. Are there friends who can help me and show me the places I need to pay attention?
24.10.2022 13:34 # 2
talip206
There are videos on Youtube, sir, if you search for 206 head gasket in English, you will get results.
It's not a difficult process.
There are already locking points, the rest is easy.
Of course it's true. You have to torque it. Secondly, if it's not just a gasket, you need to detect if there are any bends in the block or the cover, and if necessary, show the cover to the retractor.
Sample videos

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dff60Gaj4uU

https://youtu.be/4cgGA9Rb0fA

https://youtu.be/Woz9fGCziYw

https://youtu.be/EDbeboOjHDk

24.10.2022 18:07 # 3
ByYlmzZz
@talip206 After I opened the subject, I started watching lots of foreign-sourced videos. but it would be great if there is someone who does it live or gives suggestions. I think it's just the gasket but once you get the cover the situation will come up. If there is no serious damage, I will stone the cover myself.
24.10.2022 18:26 # 4
ByYlmzZz
I understood the locking place on the eccentric side, but I can't see the 2nd locking place in the videos. What should I use to lock it? is there a part name? After assembling the engine, I think the valve adjustment will be broken. I couldn't find this information on the cold engine, how much should I adjust and warm the moptor.
25.10.2022 07:33 # 5
Berkay Erdinc
After removing the MRb top cover, the first thing you should do is take it to the cover shop for a test. If the vehicle is overheated, there may be rotational distortion on the cover. Or there may be hairline cracks on the cover with a solid seal. There may even be hairline cracks on the cover. It may even be a problem on the surface of the block. I do not recommend just changing the gasket without testing them, because both your effort and expense will be garbage. .
First you have to have a torque wrench.
The eccentric part is an 8mm drill bit or metric 8 bolts. If I remember correctly, there is a 4mm or 5mm hole on the block on the upper right corner of the oil filter. div>
What you need to pay attention to here is that sometimes you can change the trigger in the timing change. They change the belt without locking the crank. This causes the centrifuge to escape. Find the crank lock first without paying much attention to the camlock. However, when you lock the crank, you can check the camlock and check whether the vehicle is in the synth. The camshaft locking is just an important detail you will need when assembling the vehicle. Do not turn the engine after you take the top cover. Your vehicle is a watery shirt. So if you turn it, there is a possibility that the piston and the liners will go up, which leads to the possibility of tearing the thin o-rings at the bottom of the shirts or not being seated again. If this happens, you will experience a compressor leak.
So you will see many details when you disassemble the vehicle. We will tell you here, but that's all
25.10.2022 10:55 # 6
ByYlmzZz
Thank you, Berkay, for your suggestions on very serious points. I guess I understood the location of the crank lock in the foreign videos I watched. I made a note of your suggestion not to turn the engine after I got the cover. If you don't get me wrong, can I have your number privately? I'm starting the car this friday. I can ask for some information from time to time without bothering too much :)
26.10.2022 09:59 # 7
Berkay Erdinc
http://www.instagram.com/_berdinc_/ ;
You can reach it from Instagram. It is useful to remove and check the thermostat body without removing the cover. There is no oil cooler in the TU3JPs, but the thermostat body is divided into two. Half of it contains water in half. It is a liquid gasket that provides sealing. though, liquids can mix here.
16.11.2022 13:15 # 8
ByYlmzZz
Berkay teacher. I've been driving for about 2 weeks. but i have a problem. the oil still has signs of creaming. I have inserted the gasket correctly, I know it is not reversed. There is no crack or curvature on the surface of the cover. but there is slight tahini on the throttle body and oil cap. why do you think this happens? I made the cover by measuring it all over. There are no cracks or curvatures anywhere. It was in very good condition. but now i think water is mixing with oil. I applied the liquid gasket in the thermostat body carefully and carefully. I can't think of anything else. I will be glad if you help me.
17.11.2022 07:18 # 9
Berkay Erdinc
up
17.11.2022 07:33 # 10
Berkay Erdinc
If there is a leak, it will go down to the crankcase in a short time. After this time, there is not much left to do on the hanger. If it is on the throttle and oil cover, it may be related to the oil you have used. It can be seen in fake or poor quality oils. These oils evaporate a lot. be sure. You should follow up and check if the same thing occurs in the crankcase. Apart from these,
I don't know if you torqued the bolts. If they are not tightened, the top cover bolts cannot provide gasket sealing. capillary cracks can occur in the cap, that is why the caps undergo the pressure test. If it passes the pressure test, it is suitable to be installed in the vehicle. Again, the valves need to get used to while the caps are removed. So this was a process that you should pay attention to.
I actually wrote all this to you and warned you here at Something that is not done is actually leaving the job to chance. The expense and labor you do can become x2.
But I guess your problem is the oil you use, so I can only guess from here. I hope it is oil.

br>
17.11.2022 07:46 # 11
ByYlmzZz
Sir, the oil I use is Motul 6100 10-40 and it is original. already obtained from its own sales network. To tell the truth, the valve did not pass the pressure test. It should have entered, but there is a financial situation, so I make the car myself. I tried to do my job as meticulously and carefully as I could. By the way, how should I check the crankcase? When I pull the dipstick, I observe that the oil is as it should be. There is no indication of water mixing with the oil on the dipstick. I wonder if the water plug was pierced on the cover side or something like that?
17.11.2022 10:00 # 12
Berkay Erdinc
Actually, doing this would have guaranteed your work and prevented you from spending more. Of course, it's too late. Now, it's a purely hypothetical thing to find out where the problem is. There is a serious air coming from the crankcase ventilation. Maybe there is a compressor leak. Is there any blowing in the engine. Check the oil dipstick after it warms up, but I think you should go to a repair shop where you live and have the compressor test first and then the gasket burn test. It is not very costly.
17.11.2022 19:11 # 13
ByYlmzZz
Teacher, I know that it should have been done, but the hand has to be done. There were no wear or scratches on the shirts. I can even say that I was surprised and the situation was fine :) When the engine warms up, there is no blowing from the dipstick. I inspected the rocker cover today and a bit of tahini oil stuck to the rocker cover. the oil in the stick is clean and dense enough to say everything is normal. so I guess nothing but oil has gone into the crankcase. When I changed the gasket, I didn't clean the engine and the crankcase. I didn't feel the need to clean it because there was a slight color change in the oil I drained from the oil plug. I wonder if the remnants of the old oil put us in this situation?
17.11.2022 19:14 # 14
ByYlmzZz
I didn't see a gap between the piston and the liner when I thought about whether the pistons needed a ring and applied pressure to the piston and wanted to move it left and right. there was no movement. It made me think the rings were solid. When I checked the shirts by hand and eye, I didn't find any scratches and they looked pretty good.
17.11.2022 22:59 # 15
talip206
If the water mixed with the old engine oil is not cleaned well, tahini-like structures may appear for a while, especially on the upper sides. In fact, this water in the oil may evaporate excessively and give the impression that the oil is decreasing.

What you can do at this stage is to open the sump plug from the bottom and drain the oil completely. If the condition is good, you put it back on.
Then observe and follow this situation.

If the oil is bad, it is an indication that the leak is continuing somewhere.

In this case, the lack of water becomes obvious. Is there any water shortage in your vehicle?
22.11.2022 20:19 # 16
ByYlmzZz
Sir, the vehicle lost 200 ml of water in 1000 km. we tightened the cylinder studs again this weekend and they were loose. We tightened the studs about 70 degrees more. Of course, while squeezing, we looked at the accumulated oil in the camshaft and it seemed to have lost its density a little. Condensed oil was stuck to the upper rocker cover. We cleaned it, tightened the studs, I'll check again this week. I hope this happened because the cylinder studs got loose.
24.11.2022 19:08 # 17
ByYlmzZz
I didn't use any liquid gasket while I was installing the head gasket, could it be because? I lightly oiled the gasket and put the cover on it. Today I noticed that water continues to mix with oil. it didn't work to torque the cylinder studs. Now I guess I'll have to take the cover off and put it to the test.
24.11.2022 20:16 # 18
Berkay Erdinc
No, liquid sealant is definitely not applied to the cylinder head gasket. As I said before, this process has been tried many times from the past to the present, and it was the way I described the most trouble-free one. .otherwise the same workmanship, the same materials will burn your pocket and time again.
Because the cylinder head gasket cannot be used again, a new one is bought.
The deviations are removed and used at most 3 times. it has to be changed or there is a risk of experiencing the same problems again.
Cylinder head undergoes pressure test, cracks and skewness on the surface are checked. oil channels must be pressure tested, otherwise there is a risk of returning to the beginning.
Cylinder head studs have tightening torque values. If they are too tight or loose, the cylinder cap It may cause damage to the network, the block or the cylinder head gasket.
The skewness on the surface of the engine block should be checked. All this is done with professional tools.
Otherwise, more expense is incurred while avoiding costs.
div>

26.11.2022 02:50 # 19
ByYlmzZz
Berkay teacher, I said my luck :) If it were again, unfortunately, I would do it again. Now I use it to control oil. At least it's in better shape now. I'm sure there is no distortion on the cover surface and the block surface. I made my measurements. I also did the cleaning. In fact, the main source was not clear, as my guess was not put to the test as you said. Probably, it must have been used with plenty of water in the previous period of the vehicle, because rust had formed around the shirt. There is a problem in one or more of the water channels.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”