Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

106 XN gas surge

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 106
15.10.2022 09:48 # 1
Phoroah
Hello,

I have a 1999 Model 106 XN vehicle, a vehicle that has never been fitted with LPG. At 200k.
While idling, there is fluctuation at idle, as if you are out of breath, and especially when driving on the road, the vehicle constantly gives gas on its own, and after a while it passes. There is the same problem when waiting in red or in traffic, the vehicle gives off gas at intervals while idle.
The new move is that it suddenly collapses while giving gas.

Have you encountered such a problem before, what would you recommend?
< br>
Thanks
18.10.2022 11:00 # 2
arifbsrn
Hello there. The problem may be in the idling engine or adaptation may be required.

firstly, unplug the idle motor while your vehicle is running and listen to the vehicle, will there be any changes?
in fact, first give the gas to the vehicle, throttle the gas unplug the idle motor without cutting it off and then stop giving the gas. If the vehicle stalls, the idle engine is running. (because when you give gas, the idle engine will close the place where it breathes, when you stop giving the gas it should open again, but it will not be able to open because it is unplugged and the vehicle will stop)

Make sure that the relay engine is running. to the throttle idling motor adaptation process that I tried on my 2000 model 206 vehicle after graduation. (I did this after cleaning the throttle body in my vehicle and I didn't have any problems with idle fluctuation - stopping, it seems like it worked for me)

* first of all, we turn on the ignition and open the driver's window. we get out of the vehicle with the ignition on (the car does not start, only the ignition is on)
No doors will be open, headlights - radio will be off (ie no sensors will be active)
* disconnect both battery terminals of the vehicle and approx. We are waiting for 15 minutes (the vehicle needs to be discharged from static electricity)
* then plug the negative terminal first, then the positive terminal
(at this point, your idle motor will probably make a clicking noise. )
* without opening any door of the vehicle, reach out from the window and turn off the ignition first and wait without removing the key. then turn on the ignition, wait about 10 seconds, close the ignition again and wait for 3-5 seconds, then turn the ignition on again and wait for 10 seconds. You do this contact on/off operation 6 times. 7. When you turn on the ignition, you start the vehicle.

The vehicle runs at idle for 10 minutes. In this process, we do not open any doors of the vehicle, we do not give gas (that is, we do not intervene in the vehicle) , we do not remove it)
then we open the driver's door and take the key from the ignition.

that's it.

that's the technical I do not know if it has an effect on the vehicle brain and adaptation, but someone wrote on the forum and I watched the video on a foreign site. idling etc. I saw an improvement so I wanted to share it.
You don't lose anything but spare time for half an hour.
Also, when you disconnect the battery, if you remove the throttle body and clean it in the process while you wait, you will not waste your time and your throttle body.

hope you will benefit from this process. good day.
18.10.2022 11:08 # 3
Phoroah
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. When I took it to the first master, he said that he had inserted the idle motor and the situation continued. I will apply your advice while the vehicle is waiting in the parking lot

Thanks
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”