Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

106 quicksilver temperature problem

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 106
08.05.2020 15:04 # 1
ates
Hello friends, it is okay when using the vehicle normally, but when forced, the temperature light starts to blink. water level in the radiator max. I wonder if it could be a little above the level. I ask for help from those who know how to change that water :)

08.05.2020 15:04 # 2
koliva
[QUOTE = fire] hello guys, no problem driving the vehicle normally but when forced, the heat light starts to flash. water level in the radiator max. I wonder if it could be a little above the level. I ask for help from those who know how to change that water :)

[/ QUOTE]

I think you're talking about changing the coolant completely. To insert the hose connected to the most beautiful radiator and drain the water completely. There is a clamp at the place where the hose is connected, you can insert and remove it. Then you drain the water and follow it up. Then you fill the new antifreeze water from the expansion vessel. You run a vehicle for a period of time, try and complete any missing items. The process is very simple, but it is necessary to remove the vehicle. Because of this, I couldn't do it, but if it was my mind now, I would take a jack and 2 safety supports to my garage and do it myself.
08.05.2020 15:04 # 3
koliva
Either I wrote a reply without looking at your messages, but newcomers to the forum should introduce themselves. It would be great if you could open a title and introduce yourself.
08.05.2020 15:04 # 4
ates
tmm thank you very much :)
08.05.2020 15:04 # 5
ates
Well, the problem has been resolved.
08.05.2020 15:04 # 6
GiTaRRa
keep the water at a minimum above max, my friend. In this first attempt, reduce the water. In the left ahead of the place where the water is placed, you will see a small valve about 20 cm ahead. wait and add antifreeze on top of it is enough to be 1 cm above max.
08.05.2020 15:04 # 7
ALX
Either the heat problem is very common in these 106s. Search for the reason in 3 parts - 1. Fan relay, 2. - Thermostat, 3. - Recirculation pump.

It is easy to control the relay of the fan, start, wait, see when the fan will turn on. If the fan turns on in time and the indicator is steady at idle, the relay is OK.

Symptoms of general problems of the thermostat - the engine can not warm in cold weather, overheating in hot weather. The thermostat directs the flow of water from short to long circuit. Before the engine gets warm, the water circulates in a short circuit, when it gets hot, the thermostat opens the valve slowly and directs the water to the radiator and heater. Over time, the institution binds and the valve either remains open or does not open fully, both conditions prevent the vehicle from operating at its normal temperature. A very cheap piece can be changed frequently.

Finally the recirculation pump. The part that needs to be changed at each timing change (only available after removing the timing). It is between 60-80TL and has high labor cost. Over time, as the pump's teeth melt, it will circulate the water weakly, causing fever. It is not very effective at idling and the engine is cooled by more fans. It will overheat if it cannot pump water at high speed.

I'll go check it out Saturday,

I have a problem with both the thermostat and the circulation. The car is getting hard. When driving on a flat road at a constant speed, the temperature decreases, which should not be. In summer, the pointer does not stand in the middle, it is always at the top level.
08.05.2020 15:04 # 8
ates
Thank you very much for the information you provide. I do not even know when the last timing belt has changed. It has been three or four months since I bought the car. Lastly, you can recommend a master who understands from the reliable 106 you know in sultangazi or Şişli.
08.05.2020 15:04 # 9
ali oncu
I think you can adjust yourself the timing of the recirculating oil spark plug. if you get them all done, it will be cheaper in workmanship
08.05.2020 15:04 # 10
10ur1
Even if you keep the water above max, it will drop the water over time.
08.05.2020 15:04 # 11
dogus80
First of all, hello
Friends my fan is working directly and musura solid
Last night, I went to the highland road with a very ramped plateau.
Anyway, it started to decrease, now it has overheated on the flat road. What could be the problem? What did I do? constantly fan stole please give mind
08.05.2020 15:04 # 12
sonerkyl
[QUOTE = dogus80] First of all, hello
Friends my fan is working directly and musura solid
Last night, I went to the highland road with a very ramped plateau.
Anyway, it started to decrease, now it has overheated on the flat road. What could be the problem? What did I do? constantly fan stole please give mind [/ QUOTE]

First of all, welcome to us. As your job is troubled, my brother will check a good electrician wiring. fuse box etc. especially the fan installation.
08.05.2020 15:04 # 13
dogus80
Thank you very much friends I found the electrician solid
But my car became 1.1 engine
How do we get a bit off this car
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”