Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

106 quicksilver overheat

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 106
08.05.2020 15:25 # 1
ates
When I go on a long road with my vehicle on a slope or on the flat road, the heat light starts to light up. I went to 2 private peugeot services, but they said that the system was working. Normally there is no problem, but I cannot go uphill on the long road. I have to slow down constantly. I am grateful if anyone knows what is the source of this problem :)
08.05.2020 15:25 # 2
metin
As soon as I hit the gas, my moment rises,
Are you saying that the temperature is rising by looking at the indicator? Did you check the water from the engine?
I mean the temperature may be normal, but if the sender is faulty, it can show high.
08.05.2020 15:25 # 3
ates
Yes, when you press the gas, the temperature light starts to light. There is no temperature indicator, there is a light, I only have to cut the gas when it turns red. I told the master that the fan is running, the thermostat is okay. I check the radiator water level and there is no problem.
08.05.2020 15:25 # 4
flash296
Have you tried replacing the temperature sensor?
08.05.2020 15:25 # 5
ates
Are you talking about the thermostat when you say the temperature sensor? I did not change anything because they said everything in the service is normal, nothing should change. Could it be a solution to have a temperature indicator at least if there is a problem with the temperature? I am not sure if it is really overheating since there is normally no indication. Is it difficult to have an indicator installed? how much do you think it will cost?
08.05.2020 15:25 # 6
flash296

the thermostat is a separate case. I mean, the temperature sensor is like a small socket that enters the engine. A sensor that gives information to the ECU .... 25 lira was 206 GTI's ... get 15-20 lira ... change it. you will not lose anything ... if not, remove the indicator and browse the soldered areas behind it with a magnifying glass .... if there is a cracked solder it may not be transmitted. If you see, you can freshen a solder ... do what I say. rewrite here .. i will try to help you!

08.05.2020 15:25 # 7
ates
At the first opportunity I change the temperature sensor, when I say the indicator, I think that the temperature indicator in the vehicle is only lit when a light is overheating, and if there is a problem in its soldering, I think it can be a problem with electricity only because it burns when the vehicle is forced? They said it would be nice if you changed the gasket in the bidet, there were oil leaks, but the car does not decrease the oil. the gasket may have an effect on the temperature when the vehicle is forced normally there is no problem but it creates a problem on the long road. Could it be because of an inefficiency in the radiator pump? I said let's look at him, we'll look at him when changing the timing belt. but I do not think it will be from him, he said.
08.05.2020 15:25 # 8
okan77
If the radiator has not changed so far, I recommend you to have it checked. It may be clogged. In the last change of antifreeze, lime may have stuck and clogged whatever. It is stable by experience.
08.05.2020 15:25 # 9
ates
How are we going to do if the radiator is blocked? So some masters will not repair it, they will change and some talk about bottling.
Also, if the radiator is clogged, will it not always be hot? me, it's just a long way.
08.05.2020 15:25 # 10
okan77
The radiator is blocked but partially. As you load on the gas and the speed increases, the engine temperature increases as it is. In this case, the temperature rises because the water circulating in the radiator cannot provide sufficient circulation. The temperature will drop at low revs and when the vehicle is wasted. You have to have it checked.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”