Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

1.4 Hdi Oil on engine cover?

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 17:21 # 1
LUCY
Hello friends, when I removed the plastic cover since I bought my car, there is an accumulation of oil on the engine cover as in the pictures, the car does not decrease the oil, but I do not know why this is not a problem with the vehicle's traction or fuel, do you think it is normal?

08.05.2020 17:21 # 2
cerci07
not normal at all
08.05.2020 17:21 # 3
LUCY
Why do you think it might be?
08.05.2020 17:21 # 4
koliva
You have to show it to a master. It is very difficult to say something from a distance.
08.05.2020 17:21 # 5
LUCY
I showed it to the master during the oil change, but he said that the diesel car engine would be greasy, it does not have an abnormality in its traction, fuel consumption, sound, it does not throw white or black smoke from the exhaust, it is the same as gasoline, but the engine was worn out at 180.000 km, obviously;) edited> LUCY 2013-02-10 21:56:55
08.05.2020 17:21 # 6
cerci07
[QUOTE = LUCY] I showed it to the master when changing the oil, but it is normal that the diesel car engine becomes oily, it does not throw an abnormality in its traction, fuel consumption, sound, it does not throw white or black smoke from the exhaust, it is the same as gasoline but the engine has worn out at 180,000 km;) obviously) [/ QUOTE]
it's not normal to be lubricated as in the picture, there is a bit of space in the pipes, or you change the gaskets in the gaskets diesel engine will never be greasy in that way & nbsp;
08.05.2020 17:21 # 7
LUCY
Thank you very much for your brother comment. I will consult with another master, I wonder if there is a chance to be because of the excess oil in the engine?
08.05.2020 17:21 # 8
aknard
Diesel car is the answer to how this engine gets oily or & nbsp; "Big & nbsp; He's bleeding fat from somewhere. Show me my best hand
08.05.2020 17:21 # 9
LUCY
I always say that, but what is increasing, oil is decreasing, I do not touch it, I said to the forum community. it changed oil but I couldn't help it.
08.05.2020 17:21 # 10
tellotello
Is it cleaned well and then it happened again or was it always my teacher. It has the material to clean or wipe clean with a cloth or master. Use it for a while or at least go back to the test drive and check again when it comes back. After a detailed check, it seems to me that the source can be found. Also, as friends say, do not go to the master who says this is a diesel engine is normal. Come easy, get well soon.
08.05.2020 17:21 # 11
Bugra
Honestly, this is a very interesting situation. the vehicle's water or oil vapors that sweat from below come back from the cover and remain on those parts. I do not think there is more oil than normal in your vehicle, but I advise you to put on the top cover of the engine for a while and clean that lubricated area beautifully, with a degreaser or a damp cloth! then go without a cover and see if it will be the same? & nbsp;

I fall as a footnote, I do not have any professionalism, I just carried out logic ..
08.05.2020 17:21 # 12
LUCY
Thank you, my friends, I will apply what you said on the first day of cleaning the engine. As you said, there is a sweating-like lubrication ...
08.05.2020 17:21 # 13
syn022
The oil put into the vehicle may have gotten a little too much. But you will see the excess oil from the stick. Have you ever pulled the bar? If it is at a normal level, let the man look at your car. Diesel engine is a coy engine. They do not neglect 1.4 HDIs. Get well soon. Hope you will solve it as soon as possible.
08.05.2020 17:21 # 14
cocomo
When my teacher takes the car out of the park, let it go down half a meter, and look at him if the oil has been pouring oil from the crankcase and the engine in the parking lot at night. & nbsp;

>

the same problem I have had. Mine cover of oil chamber was loose. naturally, oil was leaking outside. I tightened the cover. the problem has been fixed.
08.05.2020 17:21 # 15
plawert
as if it is leaking around the intake manifold but it is best to look after it is cleaned
08.05.2020 17:21 # 16
liberator
I have a similar problem with me, the turbo in my air box is running out, I'm thinking of changing it or I don't know if it is from the turbo
08.05.2020 17:21 # 17
mustafa_nalcacioglu
I have a similar incident in my car. 1.4hdi oil is like a sweat from the cover where the oil is put in. & nbsp; greasing is a little bit on the top cover. I cleaned the engine, now I looked at the same places, there was sweating in the car 97 thousand alone, I realized something, the service normally put semi-synthetic 10w40 total I was putting 5w30 castrol edge full synthetic oil from the outside, this time it seemed as if the lubrication increased a little more, but I did not understand exactly that there is no oil reduction in the vehicle. why & nbsp;
08.05.2020 17:21 # 18
cocomo
friends, if it is in a place where there should be no oil, it is known that there is a leak and it should be solved immediately .. remained in the trucks of 30 years ago, which the masters said is normal in diesel. . If there is an accumulation of oil, sweat in the place where it should not be on that delicate tool, it must be solved ... today it misses a drop of cracked / broken / slack / rot, 10 drops tomorrow ... please ...
< br>. >
08.05.2020 17:21 # 19
howard

I guess sweating is not as much as your friend's, I guess it is without blowing on the turbo, just guess.

Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”